Saturday, June 28, 2008

I have decided officially that I hate the JPD. Now, I haven't heard many good things about them but I usually try not to take judgment on things until I have first hand experience to base them by. Well, this week I was out with a couple friends around one in the am. We were driving home from down town....Well, our lovely car L'il Blue has a few quirks and awesome traits. One of which is the speedometer isn't exactly correct. BEing the only car on the road I was in no hurry and I was enjoying the evening drive home using it for a little bit of contemplation on the day. All of the sudden I was looking in my vanity side mirror and seeing red and blue lights flashing. What?! I know I wasn't speeding, my car doesn't go fast enough to really speed. The second thought that went through my head was $h!# We don't have insurance. When the officer strode up to the window he said "I pulled you over because you weren't speeding, and I'm bored and have nothing else to do, and maybe since you are obeying the speed limit you are actually driving defensively because you have been drinking tonight and now you are driving and I'm and A hole and have nothing else to do but torment you at 1 in the morning." Okay, so I took some liberties in the actual quote but he did say that I was not speeding and I was driving cautiously so he figured he would stop me and check. Well, fine and dandy but now I have a $160 ticket because we don't have insurance on our $500 beast of a blazer. I wish that the Juneau PD would patrol and go out on calls where people actually need them. I have heard of more than one instance when the police were called because of actual criminal activity but were too lazy to go and check on a single woman when her home and car were being broken into. From now on I am no longer the defender of the police here. Thank you for nothing JPD!
And then, yet again I was pulled over. What for this time? Oh, the same thing....bored cops looking for someone to pull over for fun. I wasn't speeding, I wasn't swerving, I wasn't passing on the right, I used my blinker--I was just driving cautiously again and they wanted to make sure I wasn't drunk. My quick wits kicked in and this time I told him that I was dd for the night. It worked!!! I got away without him checking my insurance. My insurance was purchased and the court date came around. I hate the enforcement in this town. They are all ridiculous....An underage kid gets caught driving drunk, speeding, and wreckless driving multiple times and gets his fine reduced....me, who jumps through the stupid hoops gets stiffed with the entire bill. Oh well, this will be the last time as well. I now know the secret to getting away with being pulled over--claim to be the designated driver and you're golden in this town. I just hope they don't pull me over with the warrant that will be out for my arrest when I don't end up paying my fines :)
This was the 4th time we got pulled over. We tried to take pictures without turning around and making it obvious

No comments: