Thursday, June 12, 2008

Death by Venom

This morning I had quite the scare. I was in the shower and as I was scrubbing my leg I found a rather tender spot. As I brushed my loofa over it stung like nobody's business and it was red and a little swollen. Well, knowing that we have spiders in our house in mass numbers, and also knowing that there are brown recluses here in AK my mind automatically thought that I was bitten. I had never had a bite that stung and I know that when you are bitten by this spider it swells, hurts, and eats away the flesh. As I got out of the shower and searched my bed, my clothes, my whole room. I had Whitney verify that there were indeed marks and redness on my leg. I hadn't made the whole thing up. Nothing, not a single trace of anything venomous. I continued to keep an eye on my leg as I went to work. About half way through the day I remembered I had been hit by a metal door the day before and that was the cause of the pain and redness. I was seriously relieved that I wouldn't have to maim my gorgeous legs and scar them so that I could continue to walk with two legs. I'm so blessed to not have been bitten by a spider this morning. I thank the stars for that.

No comments: