Monday, March 14, 2011

I can see clearly now

Last Easter morning I woke up to a foot and a half of snow piled up on my car. I got ready for church, put my heels on and went and waded through the snow to my car. I climbed in (without scraping the windshield. I don't do it when I'm in Jeans and sneakers, you think I'm gonna do it in heels and a knee length dress?), and hit the wipers. The snow all quickly cleared and I was left with a giant crack. Right where my rear view mirror attached to the windshield is where the mayhem began. The crack went up for 3 inches to the top of the window, and out to the each side a foot and a half. Now, this was not there the night before; nor did I even have a chip in my windshield.  Well, progressively this crack has grown into a very illegal and despicable interruption in the fluidity of my windshield. I'm so proud of what it has accomplished and become. It has now completely wrapped around and created an enormous, and complete, circle. So much so that when I go through the car wash I actually hold my windshield just so it won't break and fall through on me leaving me sudded and soaked. As I was driving down the freeway yesterday morning it's raining a proper rain. I hear that familiar thud. As soon as the wipers cleared the water I searched for the damage. I found it. A chip right in the center of my window, and smack dab in the middle of the circle crack. It's almost as though it's the epicenter and the crack is the ripple, although they happened in reverse order. Anyway, I digress. I was livid at this chip. How dare that rock create such an eyesore on my window. I can't believe how upset and frustrated I was at that chip. It was then that I realized the irony and total ridiculousity of my emotions at that  moment. I had become so proud of my complete circle crack that has overtook my entire windshield. And, that little chip that you can barely notice (especially in the enormity of the circle) had me so upset. I wonder what my therapist will say. (Well, I don't really wonder because I don't see a therapist so there will be no response when I tell my journal, which is my acting therapist.) So, now I'm determined to make up it up to that little chip for all those misplaced emotions. I can't wait until it spreads and creates a wheel/spoke effect with the circle. When the two combine it will be quite the little piece of art. ~~~I did have a photo of my precious little crack, but it is not allowed to be uploaded

No comments: