Sunday, September 21, 2008

Scribbles of the idle minded...

Okay, so I just got back from my biggest adventure since I've been home. I went up to Idaho for the wedding of a best friend-the saddest news since I got home. RIP to you both. You are loved and you will be missed. Alas, the show must go on. The world of singledom will continue. We will recast and call back some of the old players see how they fit in with the new characters to create a stellar new cast for the new season.

Anyway, the wedding was normal. Bride, Groom, Flowers, Crazy Relatives, Drama, Female Best Man (Me). It had it all. Plus this weekend had the added benefit of a built in douche. A 6 hr. car ride with this individual too. When the ride was done and through I felt like I had just completed a task on a check list. Not able to escape from a nightmare....Check. I also did have the most spectacular game of bowling in an awesome Best Man's dress. I got up to bowl and next to me was the most stereotypical bowler/biker dude. Shirt sleeves ripped, arms bulging, gut busting open through a leather jacket. Spikes on his bracelet and the bowling bag he brought his Harley logoed shoes and ball in. Well, the dude gets up to bowl and makes like Twinkle Toes Fred Flintsone. He's awesome. So anxiously I get up next to the dude and start to bowl. I can feel his glare staring me down about to murderize me with just the look. Anyway I challenged him and I totally was able to get 6 Strikes with 3 Spares mixed in there. I beat him by 4 points!!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I believe I missed that story as you were recounting your weekend. I am glad you have a blog for all of your "undisclosed" information.

Cheryl said...

rebecca--may we all live and enjoy as you do! don't laugh too hard.
aunt cheryl (i hope it is ok for an old,old oldie to post on your blog.