Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Solidarity is solid!!!!!



I love to hike! Well, I guess a more truthful statement would be that I don't mind hiking, but I love being out in the wilderness. Okay, I love hiking. I love that I can go out on an excursion and be beyond the reach of automobiles. I love being in nature and really feeling and remembering that there is a God that created this whole chaotic world. I love exploring his design. I love how different each and every place is. I love the wild flowers, the rolling hills, the jagged rocks, the looming cliffs, the intimidation of a peak. I love the accomplished feeling as I head down the trail and look back at what I thought I would never be able to conquer. I love standing on top of a mountain and looking around at everything below me. I love seeing the city from the height of a mountain. Seeing the sprawl of the city, knowing that going on below is every activity imaginable, but being in the quiet listening to the wind and feeling the gentle touch of the sun on my shoulders. As I gain distance on the trail it's the best therapy I could find. I experience every emotion possible. I'm reminded who I am, and I question what I want from life, if I'm able and willing to do what is necessary to acquire those desires. I love the solitude of a hike. I'm reminded to be an individual in a bustling society, to be me regardless. I love the clarity and content feeling that I have after a hike through the outdoors.

No comments: